Monday, September 12, 2011

Sept 12 Question Cont'd.

I am glad that the design field is expanding, opening a broader range in job opportunities for designers. The downfall... how much people are expecting designers to know. Yes, I do feel a designer should always to learning, keeping up with whats new, but at the same time I feel it's really important that a designer can do one aspect really well first, before broadening their horizons. Someone who knows a little bit of everything doesn't have time to thoroughly explore one aspect they may truly enjoy, and I feel this is a shame.

I hate how the corporate world expects designers to know everything. I mean just because the design field is expanding doesn't mean each individual designer has to become a master of all trades. Thats absurd and annoying. If the design field is growing, than the break-down of the different categories of design should as well. Graphic Design covers such a broad term its impossible that they can have experience in every aspect that the term covers and at the same time I feel that's what employers are expecting.

asd;lfkjasian;wlejfksdk!

No comments:

Post a Comment