Monday, October 24, 2011

My Journey-To The East Side







For my journey I went from my home in mequon, to my home away from home on the Eastside. This journey is kind of my "typical commute" from home to school as well. For starters, I documented my "Point A," or my house in Mequon. I wandered around my house, walked a few blocks west, and recorded a few photos here and there. It was pretty quiet overall. I did share a few words with a nice lady walking her dog, wondering what I was doing walking around with a camera. Then, I documented my vehicle being used and started on the road. I started taking pictures on the road, while at stop lights and stop signs. I got a bunch of weird looks, and some lady honked at me while sitting at a red light. I'm not sure why, but maybe she didn't like the fact that I was taking pictures and driving...but nevertheless my journey must be documented! Once I got down to the Eastside, I parked away from my buddy's house, and then walked and shot some pictures. I found a bright blue car on the road that stuck out like a sore thumb on this particularly overcast day. I took a few pictures of this car and some others. I found a few cars with bumper stickers too, and thought this was interesting so I took a few more shots of these cars. Later, I arrived at my friend's house. Unbeknownst to me they were having a sort of candid packer get-together and I thought it would be great to take a journey within a journey. So, I started wandering around the house, snapping candid photos of all the people that showed up. A journey through a house of packer fans if you will. My buddy who's a new father of sorts, brought over his 7 month old kid, and of course I had to get a few shots off of that little bugger. These candid portraits round out the journey, and the Packer's winning was also a nice touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment